Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Writer's Block

Here's the thing . . . I desperately want to write a novel, and have actually written a few paragraphs. Not pages, paragraphs. But every time I have some time to write, I end up finding plenty of other things to do so I can avoid sitting down to write. For example, this is the third blog I've written today! I am choosing to view this as practice writing . . . at least I'm writing something. I have a dear friend who is also writing a novel, and she's written many, many, many pages. I hate her. (not really Jules). I am trying to figure out why I can't get myself started - fear of failure, fear of having nothing to say, fear that what I write will really stink? Probably all of the above. How much of what we do or don't do in life is motivated by fear? (see my two previous blogs).

Hmmmmmmm . . .

No comments: