Tuesday, June 21, 2005

That's what I'M talkin 'bout . . .

That's right, I'm done with school! At least the classroom part of it. Missed only one on my practical today - but it was for the most idiotic thing - I forgot to put my oil bottle in my pocket, so I had to stop and walk over and get it. What a lame-o . . . so, me and Josh, the guy in my class who is my grade nemesis, made the same thing! I woulda beat him but for my momentary loss of brain function. Anywho, yahoo! Everyone in my class came over to celebrate the last day and swim and we cooked hamburgers. Much fun was had, though the jade tint to our pool did cause a few looks of minor concern that I hopefully reassured. When it's hot our pool changes shades from a nice pale turquoise to a lovely jade green (or if it's really bad, more of a guacamole color), but it's perfectly safe to swim in, just not too aesthetically pleasing.

My Brazilian classmate, Noemia, made a passion fruit mousse that I thought was really good, but most of the others said it tasted like grapefruit cheese! The facial expressions were pretty amusing. Andy actually talked Jay into taking a bite - he shoulda made a bet with me because I didn't think he could do it. To me it tasted like the filling of a cheesecake type pie. It actually didn't have cheese in it, but passion fruit juice and condensed milk and "table cream" which is a Hispanic type of heavy cream used in cooking. Noemia used to be a pastor at a Methodist church in her hometown in Brazil. She's been here nine years and still doesn't have her freakin' green card! She can work but the stupid INS just keeps giving her the runaround. Because of that, she cannot go home to visit her son or her family, so she hasn't seen any of them in all that time. She is the sweetest person and works very hard and is really interesting. She told me her swimsuit was a Brazilian bikini, which was very very tiny, and she wasn't kidding. But since we've all been massaging each other for three months, it was not a big deal. She's 45 but a health nut so she doesn't look it and is in great shape.

All in all, a great day. Everyone left about 2pm, and after we cleaned up the mess, I laid down on the couch and took a nice nap - I hardly ever take the luxury of a nap, and it was awesome. Jay was working on the computer, and then he said he was going to take a nap in the bedroom. Well, I got up at 5, and it's now 7pm, and guess who's STILL sleeping! That boy loves his naps.

I have three appointments booked tomorrow. I will write more tomorrow about my first day as a practicing massage therapy intern. Such a gripping saga, I know . . .

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

Congratulations! My neck and shoulders will hopefully be paying you a visit in about two weeks when I am officially done with school myself (if not before)!