Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Books Have Arrived! Huzzah!

Just got my copy of Nice to Come Home To, by Rebecca Flowers, and Change of Heart, by Jodi Picoult. Most of you probably know who Jodi is, but if you do not, you must read something, anything, by her. She is fast hurtling toward Stephen King territory in name-recognition and number of bestselling books. She does not write horror, she writes what I would call "moral dilemma" fiction. No two books are the same, but they are always about hot button issues that get people talking.

Rebecca Flowers is an author I was not familiar with until I read an interview with her on Joshilyn Jackson's blog. Nice to Come Home To is her modern take on the Sense and Sensibility story, about two sisters and whether it is okay to "settle" rather than wait for your soul mate. I am really looking forward to reading it and posting my review here.

I currently have four books I am dying to read, and about ten more I want to read when I'm done with those. Plus I'm listening to The Mermaid Chair, by Sue Monk Kidd, in my car. And reading some really deep stuff for my online writing class.

Speaking of that . . . I still haven't set up my new writing blog (where this post really should go). I gotta do that . . .so I can post about my really amazingly cool and fun class.

Domani. (I'm going to start practicing my handful of Italian words, because Italian is my very FAVORITE language, and since reading Eat Pray Love, I want to learn more of it.)

Arrivederci. (that's two. . .)

No comments: