Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Review of Wicked

Wow, I can't think of a proper superlative - how about supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! If you get a chance to see this show, SEE IT! It was well worth the ticket price! We were on the 16th row, and the venue is small, smaller than Bass Hall, so we could see the facial expressions and costume and set details. It was awesome. Fantastic music, great story. Incredible singing, both from the leads, who were fantastic, and the ensemble, which sounded much larger than it was. Many funny things that you must see the show to get, many clever references to the Wizard of Oz movie without actually tying it in. The show won a Tony for Best Musical, and I can totally see why. And bonus, we had no traffic troubles at all - straight shot down I-30, pulled into the parking lot right across the street, and when we left, once we got out of the parking lot, hopped on 30 and boogied home with no traffic.

All in all, a great happy early birthday to me! On a side note, I got a cool t-shirt that says Devy Gravity (a term from the show) on the front and Wicked on the back. It looks like a baseball t-shirt but with little cap sleeves. The funny thing is, those shirts are cut very small, "girl sized" instead of unisex, but are usually extremely tight, baby t fit. I got a 2X, which is the largest size they had, and it's a perfect fit, but believe me, I'm NOT a 2X. I would normally be a large or maybe extra large depending on the fit of the shirt. Kinda funny to me.

GO SEE WICKED, or at least buy the soundtrack. Can't get the music out of my head, neither can Andy.

No comments: