Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New Chronicle of Sam

Walking down the hall at church on Sunday evening. Sam is lying on the floor outside his preschool choir classroom.

Me: Sam, what are you doing?
Sam: They made me come out here.
Teacher 1: (just inside door) Yes, he doesn't want to be part of the class today.
Me: Oh really, why not Sam?
Sam: They made me come out in the hall to sit.
Teacher 2: (Mom Lindsay) He would not behave himself. To Sam: Are you ready to come in and participate? This class is for big kids.
Sam: I want to PLAY.
Mommy: We are learning our songs now, we'll play later.
Sam: I'm HUNGRY.
Mommy: We'll have a snack after we learn our songs.
Sam: Starts kicking feet on floor having a small conniption.
Mommy: Okay, you can just stay out here since you won't be a big kid and participate.
Mommy goes back in room. Couple of beats of silence pass as I look at Sam.
Sam: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going home.
Sam: You can go on then. Waves dismissively.
Me: Well okay then.

I walk down the hall laughing silently to myself. Don't know if he was embarrassed or just didn't want me bothering his time out. LOL

No comments: